Safety and Environmental preservation and protection are an essential part of delivering superior marine transportation services.
That is why Marine Network maintains an unwavering commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and clients as well as to preserving our environment.
Our operation of a modern and technologically advanced fleet also ensures that we have a solid foundation on which we can base our aim of ensuring the safety of both our employees and the environment.
At Marine Network, we aim to establish an unparalleled culture of safety where our employees feel responsible not only for their own safety, but for the safety of others around them and for their surroundings as well.
At Marine Network we provide a wide range of marine and haulage services to the Oil and Gas industry, involving operations which have the potential to affect occupational health and safety. We acknowledge health and safety as one of the core values of our business and a fundamental management responsibility. Marine Network shall set corporate framework objectives, targets and measures of achievement to ensure that management of health and safety is given equal priority with the primary objectives of the business at all levels.
In order to achieve this, we shall operate in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems which are aligned with the requirements of International Standard OHSAS 18001 and which are capable of successfully delivering our health and safety policy. Marine Network has established a defined organisational structure, a framework for measurement, and documented processes relating to the management of health and safety.
Implementation of an organisational structure, target setting, and putting a framework for measurement in place will ensure that Marine Network Limited is committed to the prevention of negative impact on health and safety with continual improvement in health and safety performance. Therefore, it is our policy to:
- Comply with the current health and safety regulations in our business,
- Provide occupational health and safety management system in accordance with OHSAS 18001 that is regularly reviewed against the required standards. Management shall provide the framework for setting and reviewing policies and objectives,
- Provide employees with a safe workplace, equipment and processes under their control by identifying associated hazards and risks, assessing them and ensuring that they are eliminated,
- Ensure that our contractors, associates, stakeholders and visitors do not adversely affect the health and safety of others,
- Ensure the availability of a well-trained and competent workforce, and that employees are given adequate support and training to assist them in the discharge of their duties,
- Ensure that employees are constantly reminded of their roles and responsibilities,
- Provide the channels for effective consultation, communication with employees and other stakeholders,
- Provide the means for compliance with the health and safety management system, reporting and investigation of accidents, incidents, and near misses for identification of root causes and implementation of preventive action,
- Support continual improvement by monitoring and reviewing health and safety performance.
As a responsible organisation we intend to expand and carry out our business sustainably. Fully aware that our operations have the potential to impact, directly or indirectly, the environment.
In order to achieve this, we shall operate in accordance with the requirements of International Standard ISO 14001. Our Environmental Management System (EMS) will reflect the dynamic nature of our organisation with the ever-changing environmental priorities which are capable of successfully delivering our environmental objectives.
Implementation of the EMS will ensure that Marine Network is committed to the prevention of pollution, and continual improvement in environmental performance objectives and targets. Therefore, it is our policy to:
- Develop, implement and continually improve a phased EMS to monitor and manage our environmental objectives,
- Embed environmental management in our daily operations to ensure that key issues are addressed,
- Identify and comply with all appropriate environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements,
- Control, manage and wherever possible reduce carbon emission associated with our activities,
- Raise employee, contractor and subcontractor awareness through necessary training and briefings to ensure that everyone understands their responsibilities and supports the EMS,
- Ensure a sustainable approach to projects, purchases and the utilisation of resources,
- Avoid the creation of uncontrolled discharge of waste, emissions and effluents to the environment,
- Collaborate with our local community and neighbouring organisations to promote a better environment for all,
- Communicate internally and externally, providing information on our environmental performance as required; and
Our policy is available to all employees, contractors, subcontractors and the general public.